Sunday, March 30, 2014

HOW TO: TRAVEL
























I had several titles for this, like, "How To Travel With Only A Backpack" or "How To Travel For Three Weeks" but really this post is just a condensed master-list of all the things I've learned about traveling as a student abroad. I'm super hungry, so I'm going to write the rest of this after I've made pasta.


I forgot about this. I've eaten two candy bars. I just felt I should get that off my chest before we continued.

YOUR STUFF






















The first thing I did was take everything out of my closet that I thought about bringing, and worked it down until there was a reasonable amount.






















Then I washed it all. Everything. Even if it doesn't look like it needs to be washed, do it. Because I don't know the next time I'll be able to, and when you're traveling with only the necessities, it's best to do everything possible to keep yourself feeling fresh.






















Then I started organizing the pile. Whatever your bulkiest items are, set them aside as the clothes you'll wear on your travel days (whenever you fly/train from place to place).
Then I got together my basics. I'm bringing:
  • One pair of leggings
  • One pair of tights
  • Two solid tank tops
  • One solid long sleeve shirt
  • Boxer shorts
  • Three pairs of socks























For the rest I have
  • Five basic tops
  • Two light sweaters
  • Two dresses
  • Two pairs of jeans
These numbers are pretty arbitrary. I picked what I thought I could make the most combinations out of, and would be most adaptable in the changing climates.

YOU
One of the things I didn't realize about traveling was how quickly you can just feel super gross. There's ways to prepare. Before I like to:

  • Shave, exfoliate, and moisturize
  • Clean and cut my nails 
  • SLEEP
And there are certain necessities you'll wanna pack that you can reach for along the way.






















  • Pouch with all of your important documents
  • Ibuprofen
  • Any medication you take
  • Band aids
  • Cough drops
  • Make up and hand wipes

Then I pack my make-up and hair stuff, as well as shower stuff. I'll pick up toothpaste when I'm gone, as well as any other little things I find that I need.

And I'm off! I'm still going back and forth about whether or not I want to shlub my laptop along with me, so it's possible I'll be absent on da blogosphere for the next three weeks. If all my dedicated readers just can't wait, you can get more real-time updates on my Instagram and Twitter. Byeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment