Sunday, March 9, 2014

CORNWALL























Abby and Carolyn are gonna be mad at me for writing this instead of going to see The Room with them, but this weekend took a lot out of me in more ways than one (not sure what that's supposed to mean??) and I really do have a lot of work I'm just really bad at starting it.




I had been to Cornwall before, but this weekend it secured its spot as my favorite part of England. This was one of those times when, despite the frustrations and what-ifs and ugh-I-just-want-to-sleep-until-I'm-homes, I'm really happy I chose to spend another year here. 

Because I've been surrounded by such amazing places, I have started to venture into what some would call "hiking." I feel weird actually claiming myself a hiker, because I know people who are much more intense and dedicated, but I am dipping my feet into it. I've never been extremely "ew nature" but I had been wary about roughin' it, but with actual experience, plus probably a little growing up, hiking has become something I really enjoy. 


St. Ives is absolutely beautiful, and I think I even recognized some stuff from when I was there as a child (maybe???? I couldn't find the toy shop though). We're already planning a day trip in April.




Most importantly, this was a great weekend for pet-watching, and I got to snuggle a lot of dogs. I'm already counting down the days until I'm back home with my own furry couch buddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment