Friday, March 28, 2014

LADY DINAH'S CAT EMPORIUM


 Welcome to the most important post I have ever written. I knew about Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium before I even went abroad (I came in just after the donation period), and it's been on my list before I even made a list. I remember a few months ago, when it wasn't open yet and the opening date hadn't been announced, I reluctantly resigned myself to having to go home without experiencing it.

And then I was riding the Stansted Expressed to go to Sweden.

I was trying to snooze on the table because it was six in the morning or something ridiculous, and I heard a girl sitting at the table across from mine exclaim "Oh! The cat cafe is open!" and I SHOT RIGHT UP.

I booked my reservations sitting at a Starbucks in the airport, and managed to grab a date when my Mom and sister were visiting London.

Okay backstory over, now onto the important stuff.




When you walk in you get to hang out in the storefront, where they make all the tea and food, as well as displaying little gifts (that I bought almost all of). You read over the rules before being brought into another little room where you pay a 5 pound cover charge (a BARGAIN tbh), wash your hands, and then get led into the cafe!


We decided to snag a space downstairs, where more of the cats seem to like to roam and snuggle. I got a hot chocolate with scones and clotted cream, but I know my sister indulged in some cake. 

I expected it to be mostly a cafe just with cats wandering about, but the moment you walk in, any kind of food becomes an afterthought. I spent most of the time jumping from cat to cat, taking selfies:
And just generally getting all the cat luvin I had been missing out on away from home in my student flat. 




This was such a genuinely fun night. It became a kind of community experience among the staff, visitors, and cats, as we all sat on the ground playing with tassels and laser pointers and being crazy cat people together.

I do know what I sound like right now, so I'll bring this blog post to a close. I need to get a cat pun in here somewhere, so I'll just say, this night was puuuuuurrrrrfect. Hilarious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment