Sunday, April 20, 2014

ON TRAVELING

This has been the most insane, exhausting, frustrating, and completely amazing three weeks. I have more in-depth posts coming on all the different places, but I thought I'd write something to say hey, and to give me something to do in what seems like the longest next few weeks in the world. By the end of the trip, I wanted nothing more than to be in my bed on my laptop, watching Netflix. But now that I'm here, I'm feeling restless and anxious and have fallen back into the same state of mind I'm in any time I'm sitting in Exeter with nothing to do. I don't really like it in Exeter. I don't know how much that's come through on here. What I really wanted out of this year-long experience, I got in this past month. The stuff that surrounded it was stressful and hurtful and often made me question whether or not I made the right decision. But then I remember all the absolutely wonderful and crazy and beautiful things that this program has given me the chance to do, and I think I'm okay with all the not-so-fun stuff.

But all that's for another post. This is just a teaser for what's to come on this blog, as I grind through essays and prepare for the last few hurtles before I can get on the plane back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment