Friday, May 23, 2014

PARIS




I feel like I've been all over the place these past few months and that's because I HAVE. This blog is winding down, and with that I'm scrambling to put together my last few posts. Luckily, this is the last of the travel spots that has been hanging over my head, and now feels like it was ages ago, considering this happened before my jaunt around Scotland.

We spent a week in Paris in a lovely, tiny flat in Menilmontant. We used Velib to bike around the city, and managed to cover quite a lot of territory. We went to almost all the major museums, ate some delicious food, had some great wine, and entirely too much cheese. The sun came out and warmed us as we read by the Seine and drank wine in the parks (do I sound #abroad enough for you?).



VERSAILLES



This was hands down my favorite day. After the Sofia Coppola movie, I had a bit of an obsession with Marie Antoinette, and that whole period of French history. While the fervor of that had mostly subsided, it was nice to feel it flare up again as we strolled around the gardens. They are HUGE. There's so much more we could have covered, but time and, most importantly, our feet, wouldn't allow it.

TIP: If you head over at about 2PM, go to the gardens first. Then at about 4:00, head to the palace, and the line will be 1/4 of the size. I think we waited AT MOST ten minutes, but I'd be as BOLD as to say it was only five.

No comments:

Post a Comment